These images that I have chosen to post on my blog tell many stories. It represents my themes by showing that having more is just not enough. People are at the mall every single day waiting for the newest thing to show up. It reminds me of Feed when Titus and Violet went to the mall, seeing parents waiting in line for the newest thing that was created for their kids. It also reminds me of the advertisements that would pop into their feed making them want things. The way the feed know what to sell to them is basically base on what that person like as an individual. I chose the third and fourth picture because it tells a story of how beautiful the world is. Many of those who work in business don't have time to see places like that. The ocean expresses many feelings and behind those feeling it releases stress. My message throughout the images are that life is like a dice, consuming is like a dice it plays over and over again, and each time when you roll the dice something new come up. For example, it reminds me of consumerism because as consumer we look for new things that is invented. The seventh picture of the women in shades, I find it ironic of her tears falling. It’s a really nice picture about Fashion because when I think of it could have many stories behind it. I think that Fashion and her tears falling is connected by having to do that fashion is something people need in their life. And of course when someone cry they couldn't get what they want right? One of the issue/theme that was discussed in class was when each group has to cut out advertisement to post on a poster, some students have things relating to "foods" I find that true. For example, I posted up a McDonald image because it says a lot about today society. As a teen, I buy a lot of McDonald but when I shop at the Mall of America I find it funny how people who are obese wait in line to order from MCDONALD, it is a big concern involving their life. But hey, who could stop you from all those yummy, oil foods! Maybe that is why we carve for it so much. It is like an addiction! "USE ONLY WHAT YOU NEED"- What do you think about that? I think that is something that we all need to consider today. As a consumer buying too much is just not enough. And when we buy too much we do not think about it before we give the casher our money. The values of some of these themes have developed over my lifetime, many in which are being use today. Too much chemical is being use for cleaning. For example I have a picture of Mr. Clean and I find it really amazing of what is being shown. The other entire strip is darker than the one that Mr. Clean picture is on it. It shows us that by using his product things could be cleaner. Now let’s talk about cell phone. Electronic have become really popular in other cases, I believed it is the top "need" in people life today. Every now and days I see teenagers with cell phone, texting in class, what does this say about us as human. Even I at some point need a cell phone because as teenagers who don't even have their license yet need ride right? I have developed this needs and I guess it goes with every other teenagers too. Money Isn't Everything- Now this is really helpful. People give blood to those who need it. I find this picture really important because it represents my theme of individuality and dystopia because it shows the world is full of millions of people and yet it is full of needs. See both sides of the story- This picture is awesome, some family members are at wars right now, and as we all know we pray for them every single day. Their family loves them truly and that is what makes them unforgettable for what they are doing for the country. Each soldier has their story, their own unique story that is not yet heard. I like how the images are like a right angle with the statement on it.


.jpg)













I really like your picture of the McDonalds, er, booth. All the converse are totally true. I myself have like, 3 pairs. On the other hand, maddie has 13 pairs.
ReplyDeleteOh, and VERY nice picture of me on the side there. haha