About Me

My photo
Hello Readers. My name is Peggy. I am currently attending high school. :D see how smart I have become? Just kidding. I am easily bored. I'm getting bored already! Just kidding. I play sports, I'm more of a outdoor person. I want to try golf, I have always wanted to but I can't at the moment because I am in badminton. Maybe one day! My hometown is Cali. geesh sometimes I wish I can go back. I can be very annoying when I want to be, I am really random at times. Sometimes it's never too late to be a kid! haha :] I think deeply. I joke around a lot when I feel like it. I don't like talking about myself and I don't like to repeat myself thats something you should know. Education is a big role in my life along with Family. But yet I cannot believe its coming to an end! Got to make high school a good year because its only once in a lifetime when you are in high school. I noticed that time does not wait for you, along with that every single second matter! I'm going to miss high school, high school is going to be awesome! Life is good when it goes the way you want it to go right? Well, I'll leave it here. . . Go IB 10 English !

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Persepolis Blog 2

The revolution exert power and influence over so many people, including many educated and middle class people like Satrapi's parents because it did not matter if they were Rich or poor. It was the government who made the choices to take control of the revolution and this made changes to the laws. So many people leave after the revolution because they did not want their children to be killed or themselves. It was very dangerous to be living in a place where a bomb could hit the next day. For example on page 142 when Marji's neighbor got attacked. the Baba-levy's house was completely destroyed and Marji's saw a bracelet that belong to Neda's and it was still attached to probably her arm. This was a sad ending for Neda. Living in a neighbor where you hear about attacks from other places through the radio is very dangerous. I think Marji's family send her off to Australia so that she could be safe. With all the school educating them in different ways in which htey must obey the laws and the revolution going on it was best that Marji's be somewhere safer. I think her parents stayed and not escape as well because if they did it would be harder. During the revolution it was hard to get passport and so it must be why they didn't want to suffer that. This remind me of a war in Laos in which my parents comes from. They cross the big river in order to escape a war from the vietnam. It was very dangerous and that was when they were just about 4 years old.


Marji's family is very confident in their choices. In the beginning of the book Marji's mother fought for freedom along with others when the laws of wearing a veil was beginning. The importance to Marji's family is letting their own daughter choose her own way of life. They did not want to push her into doing something she did not want to. For example when the teacher asked Marji's what she want to be when she grow up she answered, a prophet. The teacher called in her parents and talked to them about it and they was not worry about their daughter choice. Marji's family history was very intersting such as her uncle Anoosh who was in prison for nine years. Marji's grandmother is very old but she had always taken care of her children. From reading this book I think Marji's family get their strength from their past life history. They do not want Marji to go through what they have gone through so they are creating a safe but yet a free environment to her.


Religion is very imporant in Persepolis. Overall by reading Persepolis religion define certain chraacters because their are hatred between other religion as well as there are love. Everyone interact differently through eachother either they believe in the same thing or in different thing. It is one belief that makes us who we really are. Even I have my own religion but yet I learned to accept others and who I am. I think Satrapi's is delivering a message that religion will always be within us and it is something that we must accept who we are. It is about how we take in the cultural aspect and the way we play a role in it. As a individual and society I think Satrapi's is trying to say that many individual like their religion but others do not and as they start to dislike it they will dislike the society who believe in that certain religion. Different religion have different laws and they also have different ways of doing things. But there is no one to blame, I believed that everyone should have their own rights and opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment